Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Gameplan for 11/14

Assuming stock is decent tomorrow, it's shaping up to be a big haul at the drugstores.  We did a little recon at Wags tonight - we drove right by our usual store while out and about and stopped in to grab a couple more free Reach flosses.  While there, I scoped out the two items we're most interested in and stock looks good.

I'm a little nervous about Rite Aid, though I can get rainchecks if needed.  That's gonna be the big trip, though, and rainchecks disappoint me a little.  I want my free stuff NOW, dammit!


We'll begin at CVS.
6 Skippy peanut butter $10, get $3 ECB back (limit 1)
1 undisclosed item*
1 Herbal Essence shampoo or conditioner $2.99, get $2 ECB back (limit 1)
$1.52 profit!!
*undisclosed item is not disclosed due to the holiday season approaching.  I can't even break this one down because the price & ECBs back would give it away. 

The undisclosed item stands a good chance of not being in stock given the sale.  I would like it to be, but I'm expecting raincheck city.  *sigh*

Then Walgreens
Transaction 1:
2 Nyquil liquid $10
2 BC powder 24ct $3.98
1 bottle Gain dish soap $.89
2 packages paper plates $1.78 (filler)
Subtotal $16.65
Less two $1.50 Nyquil, two $1 BC, $1 Gain
Total $10.65, receive back $5 RR (Nyquil)
OOP $5.65

Transaction 2:
2 Nyquil liquid $10
1 package paper plates (filler)
Subtotal $10.89
Less two $1.50 Nyquil
Total $7.89, receive back $5 RR (Nyquil)
OOP $2.89

This is a higher out of pocket ($8.54 total) than I'd usually go for at Wags, but it is what it is.  The Nyquil is $1/bottle after coupon & RR, the BC powder is $.99ea after coupons, and we need paper plates so for $.89ea that's a great filler for us. 

We'll wrap it all up with (hopefully) a monster trip to Rite Aid

Transaction 1:
5 Thermacare neck & back wraps $24.95
2 boxes General Mills cereal $4
Subtotal $28.95
Less $5 off $25 purchase, five $3 Thermacare, $1 off two GM cereal, $1 Thermacare store coupon
Total $6.95, receive back $11 +UP ($10 Thermacare, $1 cereal)
$4.05 profit!!

Transaction 2:
8 bottles Herbal Essence or Aussie shampoo/conditioner $23.92
2 boxes GM cereal $4
Subtotal $27.92
Less $5 off $25 purchase, less four $.50 off HE/Aussie, less two $1 off two HE/Aussie, less $1 GM cereal
Total $17.92, receive back $17 +UP (eight $2 HE/Aussie, $1 cereal)
OOP $.92

Transaction 3:
Same as transaction 2, though one box of cereal will be Fiber One and I'll use a coupon for a free box
Total $16.92, receive back $17 +UP (eight $2 HE/Aussie, $1 cereal)
$.08 profit!!

Now, because the sale and coupons are good on both Herbal Essence and Aussie products, I figure there's twice the stock to choose from.  I got 10 Garnier last week no problem at all; hopefully there will be 16 bottles between the two brands available tomorrow.  If by some chance the stock sucks, I'll be happy to get 8 bottles and a raincheck for the rest.

The Thermacare might pose a problem.  As far as I can surmise there's one type that's going to be the correct price to turn this into a moneymaker and I have no idea if there will be 5 boxes of those on the shelf.  With ever-worsening arthritis in my neck, these Thermacares would be amazing to have on hand - and the extra +UPs would be quite useful to use to pay for the shampoo transactions.  Crossing my fingers that I don't have to raincheck this one!

If everything is in stock and goes according to plan, my final tally for everything tomorrow should be right around $3.81 out of pocket.
Yes, 6 jars peanut butter, 17 bottles shampoo/conditioner, 6 boxes cereal, 5 boxes Thermacare wraps, and a Christmas present for a grand total of $3.81.  Someone tell me why I ever paid full price for ANYTHING before??

2 comments:

Misty said...

Have you figured out a plan of attack for Walgreens' Black Friday sales yet? I'm trying to decide what will be my best bet for it, with the coupons I've got/will get tomorrow.

Chellie said...

Well, I'm gonna grab some of the free after RRs - the Scunci elastics, the Old Spice spray, the Secret body splash. No useful coupons for those that I'm aware of.
Colgate Total & Crest - there are tons of Colgate coupons out there so that'll just be a matter of how many Qs I've got, how many toothpastes the store has, and how much time I've got to do one (or two if I have enough Crest Qs) freakin' tube at a time. LOL

The Herbal Essence shampoo. There's a $2/1 "Clairol family" coupon from the circulars that came out Halloween. That one beeps at most stores, but doesn't at Wags, so I'll be getting as many as I have Qs and they have stock. That's a buck profit each.
Olay Body Wash - there was a $1 Q in the same circular, so that comes to free after RR. I'll get a couple of those.
Bic razors - there's a $1 printable Q, making those free so I'll get a couple.

It's really all going to depend on stock. I'm actually going to attempt to go ON Thanksgiving since we're not doing the dinner thing 'til later in the afternoon and there's a Wags about 2 minutes from us AND one on the way to dinner.

What I'm going to try to do is start with the items that will be at a profit after RRs, then use those RRs to pay for the next stack of straight free after RR items, then just go back & forth. Just have to be careful to keep the different manufacturers in alternating orders which is gonna be a pain in the ass. Once I get tomorrow's trips done, I'll concentrate on my exact plan for Thanksgiving.

There's gonna be another free collage print for the 3 day sale, too! Code will be BFCOLLAGE, but I don't believe you can use it until the 25th. I'm going to put in my order online after midnight Wed night/Thurs morning so I can pick it up when I go in Thursday.