Friday, November 26, 2010

Drugstore Trifecta: $346 for a profit of...$81!!

My optimism paid off.  Not only did my gameplan work perfectly, it worked out better than I'd expected.

All three stores.  Stock: beyond abundant.  Customers: none in CVS, only a couple in Rite Aid, busy in Wags.  Cashiers: patient, efficient, pleasant.

Loot stack:
Not pictured: 9 bottles soda (5 Diet Coke - Rite Aid; 4 Canada Dry cranberry - Wags), 2 photo collages

Changes from original plan:
CVS - added 1 Gillette deodorant per transaction, free after ECB, used $2 coupon on each
Rite Aid - added 4 boxes of cereal on Andy's card; finished raincheck on Samy hair care (2 items); finished raincheck on Nivea for Men 3-in-1 body wash (1 item).  Undisclosed item did NOT arrive on truck yesterday.  The manager ordered in additional including one specifically for me for the next delivery.  I should be able to pick that up in about 10 days.  *fingers crossed*
Wags: added 4 bottles Canada Dry, 4 bottles Advil PM (both free after RR) - one of the two items to each of 8 transactions

Totals:

CVS
Shelf $57.10
Total $22.54 (paid in ECBs)
Rewards earned $47.82 plus $13.98 in rebates
$39.26 profit!

Rite Aid
Shelf $123.36
Total $30.05 (paid in +UPs)
Rewards earned $35 plus $4.99 in rebates
$9.94 profit!

Wags
Shelf $165.68
Total $65.86 (paid in RRs)
Rewards earned $97.76
$31.90 profit!

Today's totals
Shelf $346.40
Total $118.27
Rewards earned $180.58 plus $18.97 in rebates ($199.55)
$81.28 profit!!!

*ahem*
I GOT PAID $81 TO TAKE ALL THAT STUFF OUT OF THE STORES TODAY!

Pardon me for yelling.  I just now had time to sit down and run all the numbers so this is a bit of a shock.
I still have about $95+ in various reward dollars left and I'll be getting $18.97 in cash (well, check) back on the rebates.
That's a lot of reward dollars, at least for me.  I don't know that I'll be able to successfully roll them into new deals before they expire, so at this moment in time I'm figuring I'll use some towards future deals and use the remaining ones once they near expiration to purchase needed items that aren't often free/close to free such as toilet paper and trash bags.

Wow wow WOW!!!

No comments: