Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Grocery trip - $68 for $24

It's two days before Thanksgiving.  I can't believe I went to the freakin' grocery store.  It was a MADHOUSE!! 

My excuse is that I got my hands on some more Swiss Miss coupons and we needed ground beef.  Tomorrow is the last day of the sale on the cocoa and I have cooking & baking to do for Thanksgiving all day, so it was tonight or miss out on the free cocoa.

Not pictured: 1 gallon milk, 1 20oz Diet PepsiMax

1 box Triscuits - $2
1 gallon milk - $2.58
8.66lbs 92% lean ground beef - $17.24 (raincheck for $1.99lb)
5 Diet Coke - $5
1 Diet PepsiMax - $.99
12 boxes Swiss Miss cocoa - $12
Subtotal $39.81
Less $1 off Triscuits, $1 off four Coke products, $.50 off PepsiMax (doubled), six $.50 off 2 cocoa (doubled), $1 mystery eOffer
Total $29.81, received back two $3 OYNO (one for each 6 cocoas)
Out of pocket: $23.81, shelf price $68.01

I have no idea why an extra $1 came off my total.  It's listed on the receipt as $1 eOffer; eOffers are bonus savings loaded on Giant Eagle's loyalty card.  Nothing I purchased today was eligible for any of the available eOffers and those are always listed by item name on your receipt (i.e. $4 eOffer Sinex).  I mean, I'll take the extra buck, I just don't know why I got it.  Maybe it's from my complaint about the crappy cashier and poor stock at the other store?

Considering the regular price on just the beef is over $30, I'd have to call this trip a huge success.

No comments: