Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another Walgreens run: $16 for a $4 profit - FREE Xmas wrapping paper!

LATE EDIT: wrapping & tissue paper is no longer producing Register Rewards as of late Saturday morning - proceed with caution


I spent the day with my mom and we made a stop at Walgreens because she wanted some free tissue paper.  I discovered late last night that certain Hallmark wrapping paper was also included in the insane Register Rewards deal, so I did two quick transactions while we were out & about.

Sorry for the lack of photo - Mom has the tissue paper and  I chucked the wrapping paper in what used to be our living room but is now serving as my Christmas staging area.  It's not fit for pictures right now.

4 Hallmark white tissue paper, 20ct - $3.96
2 rolls Hallmark Colour Studio (holiday) wrapping paper, 50 sq ft $3.98
Subtotal $7.94
Less BOGO paper (sale, no coupon needed), less in-ad coupon for tissue, less $.50 coupon for paper
note: the $.50 coupon will not automatically scan at the register because their registers suck.  I printed the whole page and brought it in so they could see I printed it from the Walgreens site and they entered it manually.  This is still a great deal even if you don't want to use the coupon!
Total $2.81, received back $5 Hallmark RR
$2.19 profit!!

Repeated the above two times:
Shelf price $15.88
Total $5.62
Earned rewards $10
$4.38 profit!!

This deal is only good through Saturday, 12/11 so if you want free wrapping paper, tissue paper, and/or scissors it'd be a good idea to get your stuff early in the day.
Remember: no more than 6 Hallmark items per transaction, and don't use the RRs you earn from one Hallmark transaction to pay for subsequent transaction!

Great, now I have $30 in register rewards, $10 of which MUST be spent next week.  I had been hoping to wind those down some but that didn't work too well.  Guess I'll be getting more free stuff!  My life is so difficult...

No comments: