Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sunday Gameplan

Food deals this week?  Not so great.  Other deals this week?  FANTASTIC!

The thing is, though, that several of the items I plan to get have coupons that expire on 10/31.  Tomorrow will find me at my regular Rite Aid hoping they've got plenty of stock and, if they don't, on a wild goose chase to other Rite Aid locations until I find everything I need.

I did a bunch of laundry Friday.  I would have done more but we're apparently out of detergent.  Crap, how did I let that happen??  And have you seen the prices on the big bottles of Tide lately?  It's on sale at CVS this week for twenty freakin' dollars!  No no no, that just won't do.

This is what I think will do just fine:

Transaction 1
2 50oz bottles Tide - $11.76
1 18ct package Tide Stain Release tabs - $5.88
2 Old Spice body washes or deodorants - $7
1 bottle Dawn - $.99 (filler to get total up to $25)
Subtotal: $25.63
Less $5 off $25 purchase
Less two $1 Tide detergent (exp 10/31/10)
Less one $3 Tide Stain Release (exp 10/31/10)
Less $3.50 buy one get one free Old Spice
Less $1 off two Old Spice products (exp 10/31/10; may not be able to use this one depending on how the register reads it)
Less $.50 Dawn
Total after coupons: $10.63.  Pay $3 in +UPs and $7.63 cash
Receive back $3 +UPs ($1 for each Tide product) and a coupon for a FREE 10oz Nyquil ($5.99 value, for buying $20 worth of advertised Proctor & Gamble products)
OOP: $7.63

Transaction 2
5 11oz canister Folgers coffee - $14.95
1 10oz bottle Nyquil - $5.99
1 box Glad trash bags $4.74
Subtotal: $25.68
Less $5 off $25 purchase
Less $5.99 Nyquil from previous transaction
Less five $1 off Folgers
Less $.75 off Glad trash bags
Total after coupons: $8.94.  Pay $6 in +UP and $2.94 cash.
Receive back $6 in +UPs ($1 ea for the Folgers, $1 for the trash bags)
OOP: $2.94

So.  If everything is in stock, I'll walk out with $51.31 worth of laundry detergent, coffee, trash bags, body wash, Nyquil, and dish soap for $10.57 in cash.  Since I'm only spending the same amount of +UPs as I'll earn back, those cancel each other out nicely.  If I shopped like I used to, the $10.57 wouldn't even pay for the two bottles of Tide detergent!

Later in the week I'll hit Giant Eagle for food, but my attention will be more on the health & beauty deals.  There are no fast-expiring coupons involved so I don't need to rush out on Sunday to get this trip done.
I'll buy 10 Sinex - $50
And 5 Colgate toothpaste - $5
Less ten $4 Sinex coupons
Less five $1 Colgate coupons
Subtotal $10
I'll receive back $23 in health & beauty OYNOs ($2 for each Sinex, $3 for spending $10 shelf price on the Colgate).
I'll then take those OYNOs and buy as much store-brand ibuprofen as I can for that amount.  For $10 cash I'll have enough sinus medicine to see me through the year and into next, five more tubes of toothpaste, and what I hope to be a year's worth of ibuprofen. 


We're running up to Rite Aid TONIGHT as well.

See, I got that SAMY hair product Thursday night - BOGO at $5.29 for a pair, less $2 coupon on each bottle, plus receive back $1 +UP for each bottle = profit of $.71 for each two purchased.  I'd never used the stuff so I only got four, plus I was really hoping to get a bunch of shampoo.  Well, holy crap that deep conditioning treatment is awesome!  Today is the last day of the sale and I have 7 more coupons, so we're gonna go get 6 more (or a raincheck for 6 if there's no stock) because HOLY CRAP I LOVE THIS STUFF!  I keep swishing and flopping my hair around like I'm on some stupid TV commercial.
I plan to get 6 bottles for a total of $15.87 after BOGO sale, less $5 off $25 purchase, less five $2 coupons for a total of....wait for it.... $.87!  And I'll receive back $6 in +UPs for a profit on the transaction of $5.13!

We're also stopping at Popeye's for dinner, so there's that too.  =D

No comments: