Monday, October 18, 2010

Hello UPS man!!

WHOA!!!  New favorite company!! 

Last month I made a post suggesting that new (and seasoned!) couponers might like to consider contacting companies whose products they enjoy, as many companies will reward your brand loyalty with further coupons.  This is a great way to score coupons for a free item, coupons with very long expiration dates, coupons for items that don't get coupons often, or higher-value coupons than one sees in a Sunday paper.

A recent example for me is for Angel Soft toilet paper.  I don't much care what brand we use as long as it's not scratchy or rough, but Andy only wants Angel Soft.  He's very brand-loyal when it comes to his butt.  They don't put out many coupons in the paper for this brand, so I dropped Angel Soft a line letting them know that it's the only brand we use.  They responded by sending me a nice thank-you letter in the mail and attaching some $.55/1 coupons.  These coupons are good for any size pack as opposed to the coupons they make available on their website for $.50/1 for six roll or larger packs.
Why is this important?  Well, Angel Soft goes on sale somewhat regularly at $1 for a 4-roll pack (and, actually, is on sale for that price next week).  With the $.55/1 coupons for ANY pack doubling, that means free toilet paper!  The savings on a 6-roll pack is great, but you just can't beat free.

And you just can't beat free surprises, either.
I was sitting at the computer this afternoon when I was startled by a loud "thunk" and a knock on the front door.  I got up and went to see what was going on, and as I passed by the living room window I saw the UPS truck parked out front.  I wasn't expecting anything, but when I opened the door there was a box on the doorstep addressed to me.  A present??  I like presents!  And this was fairly heavy present at that!

I tore open the box and tried to make sense of what was inside.

Three pounds of licorice???

And then I remembered I had emailed Red Vines a few weeks ago hoping to land a coupon or two.  They did a little better than that, though!  They UPS'd me three one pound bags of delicious red licorice and a thank-you note for my compliment to them - WHOA!!  Talk about landing a customer for life!

I'm really wishing I wasn't still full from lunch. 

No comments: