Thursday, October 21, 2010

Quick CVS run

I was going to do up a nice post about this Enchilada Lasagna I made the other night for dinner.  It was sooooo yummy, ridiculously easy, and fairly cheap as well.

Alas, I've been feeling a bug of some sort coming on all week and it kicked my ass today.  I spent most of the afternoon in bed, though I did manage to drag myself out long enough for some soup and a trip to CVS.

We ran out of milk last night.  It's on sale for $2.19/gal at CVS through Saturday and I had a coupon for a free hand sanitizer expiring the same day so I figured I'd go the couple extra minutes and get both this evening.

I couldn't find the hand sanitizer, so that was a no-go.  *sigh*  Guess they sold out, and with the coupon expiring there was no need to get a raincheck.

But!

I did glance at the clearance section while I was there and scored a two pack of Oral-B toothbrushes for $.75 and a two pack of Scunci alligator hair clips that I go through like water for $.72.  That was nice!

I  was also able to take advantage of an unadvertised deal on Neutrogena Triple Moisture Split End Mender.  I'd heard about this on other blogs but between lack of stock being reported and the fact that I went so late in the week, I didn't figure I'd find any.  Lo and behold, my fantastic CVS had some on the shelf!
It was $7.49 and you receive a $7.49 ECB (CVS store dollars) back, which makes this fancy-schmancy hair stuff free.  As you may have heard, I like free!

So, two gallons of milk, the Neutrogena stuff, two toothbrushes, and two Scunci hair clips came to $13.34.  I paid with a $5 ECB from earlier in the week and the rest cash.
After receiving my $7.49 ECB back, all that stuff cost $5.85.  That's right around what we'd pay for just the milk at the grocery store, so this was a nice little trip.





Back at home after the CVS run, I nuked some of the V8 soup we got the other day for a buck.
Let me tell ya, it was good.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick up a bunch; I have like 4 more coupons, but the sale is over now.  I really hope it goes on sale again because I'm loading up on the Garden Broccoli if and when it does.  It's all healthy & stuff too - hopefully healthy enough to shake this bug.

No comments: