Saturday, October 30, 2010

All this for a buck!

This week's sale ends in a couple hours and we made one more trip out to Rite Aid to get some more of that fabulous SAMY conditioner.  As I feared, stock was a problem.  There was one deep conditioning treatment and one conditioning serum left, and I had wanted to get 6 bottles of the treatment.  That's okay, I'll just get a raincheck for the rest to lock in that BOGO price.

It meant I couldn't use my $5 off $25 coupon, but still, for $1.29 cash it would be completely worth it and I'd still get the two $1 +UPs back.

While we were there I did a quick round of the store to check stock on the items I want to get tomorrow (coffee may be an issue, everything else looks good).  They had 2 liters of Diet Coke marked down to $1.11ea so I grabbed two.  Finally, I made one last check to see if they had any of the Nivea Happy Sensations body lotion on the shelf.  This was a super hot sale item this week - marked down from $7.99 to $5.99 with a $5 +UP back, making them $.99ea.  I never could find any in my store and there weren't any tonight so when we headed up to the register I asked for rainchecks for four of the SAMY and three of the Niveas.

The store manager was running the register.  She said "Tell you what, if you want to go choose three other Nivea lotions, I can ring those up as the Happy Sensations for you."  I blinked at her.  "Same price, with the UPs?"  She nodded, and I scampered off to the lotion section while she wrote the SAMY raincheck.  I found three bottles of Nivea marked at $7.99, all of which were 25% more bonus bottles AND they each had a little bottle of shower gel attached.
I brought them up to the register to see if those were fine to substitute and she cheerfully agreed.  WOW!  And that certainly brought my total up plenty high enough to use the $5/$25 coupon, so even better!





Two SAMY conditioners $10.58
Two Diet Cokes $2.22
Three Nivea bonus packs $23.97
Subtotal: $36.77
Less $5 off $25
Less $6 Nivea discount
Less $5.29 SAMY BOGO
Less $4 SAMY coupons
Total: $16.48 plus $1.59 tax.  Paid with $16 in +UPs and $2.07 cash.  I would have used one more +UP but those can't pay for the tax.
Received back $17 in +UPs ($5ea for the Nivea, $1ea for the SAMY)
True out of pocket comes to $1.07, a savings of $37.29 or 97%!!

No comments: