Sunday, March 27, 2011

Rite Aid Run - $53 for $3

After last week's whirlwind, I'm glad it was a slow week!  Now, what to do with 36 packs of gum....? 



Rite Aid - shelf price $52.82

36 packs Trident Vitality gum - $1.29ea, BOGO sale $23.22
2 Scunci 6pk girls' hair bands - $1.97ea (with 10% discount), $3.94
1 Johnson & Johnson cotton swabs - $.99 (raincheck)
2 kitchen tools - $.90ea (with 10% discount), $1.80
Subtotal $29.95, less 18 BOGO Vitality coupons
Total $6.73, received back $4 +UPs ($2ea for Scunci hair bands)
Out of pocket $2.73

As always, you can use a BOGO coupon on a BOGO sale at Rite Aid to get both items for free!  I had more coupons but wound up giving a few to my favorite cashier so she could get some gum as well.

These kitchen tools are new at my Rite Aid.  They're a buck each normal price, $.90 with my 10% discount, and they seem like okay quality so we figured we'd give them a try.  We needed an extra slotted spoon, and I always need more rubber spatulas!


Saturday I made one last run to Walgreens with my mom to get just a little more Almay makeup, and I also had to stop at Rite Aid to spend $17 in expiring +UPs.

At Walgreens (shelf price $53.93) we made a profit of $13.17 on 7 more Almay products.
At Rite Aid (shelf price $78.67) I spent $19.05 on some free after rebate Revlon emery boards, free after coupon/+UPs/rebate Lysol disinfecting wipes, a clearanced teapot shaped like a cupcake, a clearanced humungous 20oz coffee mug, and a clearanced heater marked down to $9.99 from $39.99!  I also finished my raincheck on Desitin ($.99ea) and got a couple packages of cotton swabs on raincheck.


We've got one more trip to the grocery store to take advantage of a couple sales before the end of the month, so I'll post our monthly spending later this week.  As long as we don't totally blow it at Giant Eagle, March is shaping up to be one of our best months of savings so far!!

No comments: