Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dual Drugstore Deals: $666 for a $45 profit!

This is me being exhausted and overwhelmed.

Three stores today to get everything.

First, Rite Aid coffee that my mom found at 2 stores for me.

Shelf price $74.85 for 15
After raincheck, sale & coupon it was $3.
Yes, $3.
Nine were on raincheck for $1.99 with a $2 coupon (adjusted to $1.99)
Six more were on sale this week for $2.50ea with a $2 coupon.

But Walgreens is where the insanity was.  Now I was able to get all my Walgreens done at one store which was stocked to the gills.  It was insane.  My mom and sister, on the other hand, hit 3 or 4 stores today .  Almay makeup is free at the very least, profitable if you have the right coupons.  They both prefer the Almay brand so they went on a big ol' hunt to stock up.

Just my items alone have a shelf price of $591.24
There's no way I can break this down into detailed transactions (I'll show you why in a minute) so here's a rundown of the deals.

Tena pads - $9.99ea with a $10 reward back, I had coupons for $2.50 off each.
Celadrin joint health 60ct is $10 with a $10 reward back.
Method hand soap is $2.99 with a $2 reward back.
I started by buying a Celadrin for $10 and using a $10 reward from last week's Excedrin deal to pay.
Then I got a Tena and a Method for $12.98, used a $2.50 Tena coupon, paid with the $10 reward from Celadrin for a total of $.48, and received another $10 reward back for the Tena and a $2 reward for the Method.
Then I bought another Celadrin with the Tena $10 reward.
Rinse and repeat.

Then there was the Almay.  All Almay is 30% off, and you receive a $5 reward back for each item.  There are also $2 Almay coupons available, and there's a $2 Almay store coupon in the new Spring Beauty book.  Remember, at Walgreens you can use a manufacturer's coupon (from the newspaper) and a store coupon on the same item.
If an item is normally $7.99, it's $5.59 with the 30% off sale.  Use a $2 manufacturer's coupon and a $2 store coupon and your total is $1.59, and you get a $5 reward back.  Even if you run out of manufacturer's coupons (which I did), you still turn profit using just the store coupon.
I got an ungodly amount of makeup.  Depending on the product, I used either the Plackers 90ct flossers ($2 with a $2 reward back) or various candy and one pair of socks as fillers.

In the end, my overall total was $296.96 (paid in RRs) and I received back $345 in rewards for a profit of $48.04.

Remember, at Walgreens you can only get one Register Reward per item per transaction.  All that Almay had to be purchased one individual item at a time.

See?  Those are my receipts from today.  There's no way I'm gonna type all that up into individual transactions, sorry!

We could have kept going.  There was so much Almay it wasn't even funny, but we'd been checking out for quite a bit of time and we'd run out of manufacturer's coupons.  We were only breaking even on the Almay items when you factor in fillers & tax so we just called it a day. 

Our cashier was ecstatic at all the makeup.  They're getting a bonus commission at the beauty counter for each Almay they sell, so in addition to all the shit I got paid to take today, the cashier is taking home an extra $50 or so in commissions just from our haul.

Subtotal $.08.  Hell yeah.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm so glad to hear that your cashier got something extra for your purchases! What a great what to reward them.

That is a LOT OF RECEIPTS!

Astrocrabpuff said...

Sent here by M. Stirewalt - where is the "LIKE!!!" button for this post?