Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rite Aid Run - $92 for $4

We're gonna have to do without a photo of the loot this week - I'm trying to reorganize the living room, which is where I take my photos, and things got a bit out of control.  There's stuff everywhere.  It's not fit for photos right now. 

So here's a picture of some cupcakes I made; pretend there's a bunch of free stuff instead, okay?

Rite Aid - shelf price $91.60
4 bottles Maalox $4.99ea, $19.96
2 Chex Mix $1.50ea, $3
2 Colgate Sensitive $3.50ea, $7 (LIMIT TWO)
4 GE CFL light bulbs $2.99ea, $11.96 (LIMIT FOUR)
3 Finesse conditioner $.50ea, $1.50 (raincheck)
5 lbs whole wheat pasta $.50ea, $2.50
2 Snickers peanut butter bars $.79ea, $1.58
4 Diet Pepsi $1.25ea, $5
Subtotal $52.50, less four $5 off Maalox, less $.50 off Chex Mix, less two $1 off Colgate, less four $1 off GE, less BOGO Snickers
Total $25.21, received back $21 in +UPs ($1 for each Maalox, $1 for each Chex Mix, $3.50 for each Colgate, less $2 for each light bulb)
Out of pocket $4.21

This was a pretty tame week overall.  There wasn't much we needed except the light bulbs, but I'll get some Maalox and Colgate if they pay me a buck each to take 'em!
We were getting a little low on pasta, so it was a welcome surprise to see some whole wheat noodles marked down to $.50 per pound.  I have no idea why they were marked down; their expiration date isn't until September 2011 so they're not about to go bad or anything.  That's a good price for the whole wheat pasta so I grabbed 'em.

I have a lot of catching up to do on this here blog once I get the living room back in livable shape.  I've got a post I want to make about prices going up at the grocery store, plus I've got some cool stuff to give away.  Keep an eye out in the next few days!

1 comment:

edgar said...

Good work. Love the blog.