Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Taking another shopping break

Man, I've been having so much fun not only shopping the great deals but also blogging about my adventures and here I am on another break.  It's for a completely different reason than my recent lags, though. 

I made the decision in the past couple weeks that we're scaling down our shopping to grocery deals, immediate needs, and once specific type of item.  A few weeks ago I began feeling a bit ill in the mornings, and shortly thereafter we discovered that Andy & I will have an addition to our little family later this year!  We're extremely happy and very much looking forward to our little couponer-in-training. 

I wasn't prepared for just how much impending motherhood takes out of one's body, though.  I'm constantly exhausted, and the thought of getting up early on Sundays and chasing deals hasn't been very fun!  In addition, we'll be moving to slightly larger living quarters in coming months; the less of the loot stack we have to tote, the better.  And, finally, many of the free items we're able to get with coupons at the drug stores still "cost" us sales tax.  I would rather put the $5-10 a week in tax towards diapers or the savings account! 

For the short-term, I'll be concentrating our shopping on grocery items and immediate needs (paper towels, garbage bags, that sort of thing) as well as baby items like diapers, wipes, etc.
In the longer-term, the blog will obviously take a bit of a different direction.  Our adventures in frugality will take on a whole new dimension with the addition of a baby: finding good stroller deals, homemade baby food vs. prepackaged jars, frugal entertainment, the possibilities are endless!

So, that all said, I'm sorry if my updates aren't as frequent as they have been for right now.  I'm still adjusting to everything, but with any luck I'll have the energy and mental acuity to pick up the posting soon.  Here's hoping for some great diaper deals in the near future! 

1 comment:

Mari said...

Congratulations! Did I miss the post over on Market Ticker about this????? I've got to check now and if you haven't told them, you need to announce it over there!

Let me know when you are ready for advice on what you need and don't need. Fortunately, the blah, sick feeling usually goes away around week 14 and the 2nd trimester is especially great.