Friday, April 15, 2011

Random updates

I dropped off a big pile of food & personal care items for the food bank this week.  It felt really good to hand off so much knowing it's going to help people in our community who are struggling.  I've written about it before and I'm sure it's not a surprise to anyone reading that grocery prices are just insane recently.  It's hard enough with aggressive coupon use; imagine what these price increases are like on an average family just barely scraping by as it is.
Must. Donate. More.

We're also going to send some more care packages over to the troops soon.  The last shipment we sent was well-received so I'll start putting another together.

This is a picture of a cake I made so this post isn't a wall of text.
I'm still struggling to put together my shopping plan for Sunday.  One week ago I started the process of eliminating my worst "bad habit" - smoking.  It's not easy, but it's going well and I'm doing much better than I'd thought I would.  Unfortunately I'm a bit cranky and it's sort of hard to concentrate on a shopping strategy.  I want to get in on Rite Aid's cleaning supplies deal but, gah, it seems so complicated right now!  LOL.
Ah well.  Quitting is more important; if I can't wrap my head around the deals this week it's not the end of the world.


 Finally, a brief update on the Extreme Couponing debacle
(I really love that word - debacle!)
comes via Entertainment Weekly:

TLC 'looking into' allegations of coupon fraud on 'Extreme Couponing'

Allegations of “coupon fraud,” or using a coupon to purchase a product that is not listed on the coupon, have been made against J’aime Kirlew, who appeared in an episode of Extreme Couponing last week, by coupon bloggers.
TLC said in an exclusive statement to EW: “We have received a strong response to the premiere and are listening to and reading the various comments around the show — as with all programs, we appreciate the feedback. While the series documents extreme couponing strategies, we take any concerns about specific tactics seriously and are looking into the situation.”

I have no idea if TLC will actually do anything about it because I'm sure they like all publicity, good or bad, but it's nice to see it addressed.



No comments: